2.18.2015

Missing

Ah! I have been missing for a while...I have been swamped at work and by the time I get home I have NO energy left. I am also working on trying to find a balance with my facebook/instagram usage and weening myself off of constantly checking it... anyway, I am back and excited about what I have to write today!

Something I have always wanted and tried to do is spend more time reading the Bible, and reading with a purpose. I find a plan, stick to it for a day or so, and then it fizzles away before it can become a habit. 

Recently, I found an amazing app via a friend from college called She Reads Truth. So, I downloaded it and fell in love. Like I mentioned before, I am mildly obsessed (my husband would say otherwise) with my phone. I LOVE that I have this app and can literally do my daily readings ANYWHERE. I have NO excuse.



So, when I heard they are doing a Lenten bible study, I knew this was the time for me to commit to seeing this goal through. As some of you may or may not know, I was baptized into the Catholic church almost 2 years ago. It was a decision I didn't take lightly and has made my life better in more ways that I can count. Before my RICA classes, I never really understood lent and it's implications. I am still learning. I do know that one of the most beautiful things happens at the end. He rises from the dead FOR US. The Easter Vigil is one of the most beautiful experiences, yes, it's long but SO worth it. Knowing that this season leads to that makes it that much more important to me. 

The first day of this study left me in tears. The reflection after the readings stuck me like a smack in the face. I NEED this. I need time to pause and reflect. Life often pull us in too many directions and we need a time out to re-evaluate and come out with a clear mind.

Today, I leave you with a prayer. I prayed it for myself and I will pray it for you. 

Almighty and everlasting God, you hate nothing you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our wickedness, may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


For now, 

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment